Vintage Traditional Mirror Makeover: A Chip off the Old Marblehead



I had in mind a certain sweet color scheme for the Chippendale-Style Mirror I found at a local antique mall last month.  



Looking "refinished" and in need of a little love, I asked y'all what color you thought it wanted to be.  



Jenny, Amanda and Heidi thought a deep dusty barn red with bits of black and gold would be fabulous.


Kate was thinking, "A light purple with a nice pearl gloss." 



My friend Amy, little sister of one of my East Coast college buddies said, "A faded light blue green."


Which happens to be EXACTLY what I was thinking.



When my friend Marcia, who like Amy and her big sister, Jenn…hales from a fabulous old town just north of Boston…saw the "thumbnail" of the photo below on facebook,

She said...



It looks like an artist's rendition of Massachusetts!


How sweet is that!!


: )


Julie M.


To see more photos of this project, and others, etc…and to receive regular updates on my fabulous junking adventures and restoration projects, please follow The Little Red Shop's facebook page.  You can also visit us via My Favorite Find and Twitter.


Please visit Between Naps on the Porch for their 170th Metamorphosis Monday!!



Comments

Donna Wilkes said…
I collect mirrors - this one I crave!
Revi said…
Fellow mirror fan here! Yours is lovely, and the color is perfect.
-Revi

Popular Posts